My computer skills aren't the best, but I need to learn Excel. Do you have anything that could help me?
The Academic Computing department has a subscription to a video tutorial product called Atomic Learning. The tutorials are targeted to a specific task, so they are only 1-3 minutes each. You can skip right to the topic that you need to learn.
Login to Moodle and look for the block labeled 'Self-Paced Learning Tutorials,' and use the username/password provided to access Atomic Learning.
Once you get logged into Atomic Learning, select Excel from the drop-down menu for Applications and then click 'Find Tutorials.' Select the version of Excel that you want to learn: for PCs this will most likely be Excel 2010 and for Macs Excel 2011. If you are an Excel beginner, select the Intro Training and get started.
Atomic Learning offers tutorials for:
- Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- software for screencasting and audio/video: Camtasia, Captivate, Audacity, After Effects, Flash, Final Cut, Premiere
- Apple products like iPad, Pages, OS X, ITunes, Safari
- statistical analysis software SPSS
- web organization and communication tools like Diigo, Delicious, Evernote, Pinterest, Prezi, Skype, Twitter, Wordpress